General FAQs

Q. When can I contact First National and what are the phone numbers?

Credit Services
Phone: (800)642-4578
Monday through Thursday – 9:00AM to 9:00PM (Eastern Time)
Friday – 9:00AM to 6:00PM
Saturday – 9:00AM to 1:00PM

Customer Service
Phone: (800)266-7661
Monday through Friday – 8:00AM to 5:30PM (Eastern Time)

Phone: (800)266-7661
Monday through Friday – 8:00AM to 5:00PM (Eastern Time)

Mortgage Services
Phone: (800)879-1009
Monday through Friday – 8:00AM to 5:00PM (Eastern Time)

Taxes and Escrow
Phone: (800)642-4578
Monday through Friday – 8:00AM to 5:00PM (Eastern Time)

Q. What do I do if a name needs to be changed on my loan due to marriage, divorce, and death?

All name changes must be requested in writing along with supporting legal documentation such as a divorce decree, recorded deed, a marriage certificate or a death certificate. Send the request to:
Attn: Customer Service
First National bank of America
PO Box 980
East Lansing, MI 48826

Q. What should I do if I want to have someone call on my behalf for information on my loan?

If the other person’s name is not listed on the note, we do require customer authorization in writing before we can release any information. Fax the request to (517)336-0497 or CLICK HERE to email your request. The restriction could include a spouse that is not on the note but pays the mortgage every month. The restriction on sharing information is designed to protect your identity from unwanted inquiries into private information.

Q. How do I change my address?

Any address changes must be made in writing. An address change cannot be made over the telephone for security purposes. To change your address either submit a note with the new address when you make your next payment or mark on the left corner of the invoice return envelope marked: “Please note address change”. You may also change your address via email by CLICKING HERE to send an email with the proper information or CLICK HERE to print a copy of a “change of address request form” that you can complete and mail to First National.

Q. What is the difference between a typical mortgage and a land contract?

A land contact is a property installment selling agreement whereby the purchaser may occupy and use the land, but no deed is given by the seller until a specified part of the sales price has been paid. For a typical mortgage, the borrower is deeded the property and signs a legal document pledging their property as security in order to obtain a loan.

Q. What is your overnight mailing address?

(Dept. or Contact Name)
241 East Saginaw Street
East Lansing, MI 48823

Q. What is your e-mail address to send requests?

Q. My spouse is obligated to make the mortgage payments under our Divorce Agreement. Am I still liable?

If you signed the note and mortgage, you are still liable for the payments. A divorce agreement does not alter your obligation to make payments.

Q. If I deeded my interest in the property to my spouse or someone else, does this remove any liability?

No. Deeding your interest in the property to someone else only means that you no longer own the home. You are still obligated to make payments, as stated in your note and mortgage